Garmin Alpha 100 TT15 Collar System
- Brand: Garmin
- Product Code: Alpha 100 TT15 Collar System
- Availability: In Stock
Garmin Alpha 100 TT15 Collar System
Track your dog's position in almost any terrain with the Garmin Alpha 100/TT 15 Bundle. Top-mounted, high-sensitivity GPS antenna improves performance via an integrated GLONASS positioning system. 18 levels of continuous and momentary stimulation, plus vibration or tone alerts make this the perfect training collar. The Alpha 100 tracks up to nine miles away, sending precise locations every two-and-a-half seconds to your hand-held. The Alpha 100 is compatible with TT10 and T5 collars to track up to 20 dogs. Preloaded TOPO U.S. 100K maps along with a One-year subscription to Birds Eye™ Satellite Imagery features enhanced image qualities and significantly better download performance. Electronic compass and barometric altimeter measures each dog's speed, distance and direction being travelled, as well as sends notifications when your dog is moving or on point. Three inch color touch-screen display gives you a large viewing area for easy monitoring. LED beacon lights for low-light use are visible from up to 100 yards away. Rescue mode changes the update rate to every two minutes once power levels drop below 25 percent, extending battery life and giving you 12 hours to find a lost dog. Emergency Alert lets you send your location to other Alpha users within the area. Two lengths of removable, stainless steel insulated contact points provide reliable performance in wet conditions. Hand-held has a waterproof rating of 3 feet, while the collar is rated at 32 feet.
Garmin Alpha 100 HandHeld Features and Details
- Side power button location
- Ability to track both TT15 and T5 tracking collars
- 8.0 GB of internal memory
- Tracks up to 20 dogs and/or handhelds simultaneously
- Up to 9 miles of handheld-to-collar reception (line of sight)
- MURS frequency band
- Comes with 1 year subscription to Garmin’s Birdseye Satellite Imagery
- Pre-installed 100k topo map of the United States
- Wireless communication settings, dog transfers, emergency alerts
Garmin Alpha 100 Specs:
- Unit dimensions: 2.5 x 6.5 x 1.5”
- Display size: 1.53 x 2.55”; 3” diagonal
- Display resolution: 200 x 400 pixels
- Display type: touch screen display
- Weight: 8.8 ounce with standard antenna and battery
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion pack (included)
- Battery life: up to 20 hours
- Water rating: 3 feet
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver: Yes
- Frequency band: MURS
- Range: 9 miles
- Interface: USB
- Preloaded maps: Yes (topographic)
- Ability to add maps: Yes
- Built-in memory: 4.0 GB, 500 MB available for user storage
- Accepts data cards: micro SD™ card (not included)
- Birds Eye Satellite Imagery: Free 1-year subscription included
- Custom maps compatible: Yes
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 4000
- Routes: 200
- Track log: 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
- Automatic routing: Yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
- Color Touchscreen: Yes
- Electronic compass: Yes
- Barometric altimeter: Yes
- Emergency alert: Yes
- Photo navigation (geotagged): Yes
- Hunt/fish calendar: Yes
- Sun and moon information: Yes
- Tide tables: Yes
- Area calculation: Yes
- Custom POIs (ability to add more): Yes
- Unit-to-unit transfer: Yes
Garmin TT15 Tracking Collar Features:
- Top-mounted, high sensitivity, GLONASS-enabled satellite receiver
- 22.5” braided-steel antenna, with 18.5” antenna available as an option
- Remotely operated LED beacon lights
- Ability to track on both Garmin Alpha 100 and Garmin Astro 320.
- Adjustable stimulation prongs
- 18 levels of stimulation as well as audible tone and vibration mode
- User-configurable Bark Detection
- User-configurable Rescue Mode to extend battery life
- Updates dog positions every 2.5, 5, 10, 30, or 120 seconds
- Easy-to-replace 27”x1” collar strap (no tools needed)
- Extreme waterproofing up to 32 feet
- Rechargeable, replaceable Lithium Ion Battery
Garmin TT15 Collar Specs:
- Unit dimensions: 3.5 x 1.75 x 1.85"
- Weight of transmitter and antenna:
- Total weight
- 7.3 ounces
- 10.0 ounces with collar
- Battery life: 20-40 hours
- Battery type: rechargeable lithium-ion pack (included)
- Interface: USB
- Water rating: 32 feet
- High-sensitivity GPS/GLONASS receiver: Yes
- Vibration: Yes
- Stimulation/tone: Yes
- LED beacon lights: Yes
- Rescue mode: Yes
- Replaceable collar straps: Yes, compatible w/ 1”
- Handheld compatibility: Alpha 100, Astro 320, or Astro 430
Garmin Alpha 100 TT15 System Battery Life
Alpha 100 HandHeld
The Garmin Alpha 100 GPS runs on a re-chargeable lithium ion battery pack the run time with normal use is between 10-20 hours. This can be prolonged indefinably if the unit is plugged in while riding in a vehicle.
TT15 Battery Life:
Battery life on the Garmin Alpha TT15 Track and Train collar can vary greatly depending on the update rate used as well as if Rescue Mode has been activated or not. In our own experience with the TT15, on a 10 second update with Rescue Mode turned on we see about 40-42 hours of run time.
Update Rates for the Garmin TT15 Tracking Collar
With the TT15, there are two sets of update rates depending on which handheld you are using. If you are in Astro mode for the TT15 it will have the standard 5, 10, 30, 120 second updates and in Alpha mode the TT15 you get an added level of 2.5 seconds (2.5, 5, 10, 30, 120). This allows you to find a balance of battery run time and frequency of which you would like to know where your dog is at a given time.
Bundled Components for the Alpha 100 TT15 System:
- Alpha 100 HandHeld
- TT15 Track and Train Collar
- 5.0" standard antenna for the Alpha
- 13.0" long range antenna for the Alpha
- 18.5" standard antenna for the TT15
- 22.5" long range antenna for the TT 15
- Belt clip
- USB cable
- AC adapter
- Long probes
- Garmin Alpha field bag
New Features of the Alpha 100 with the TT15 Dog Tracking and Training Device
- Vibrate feature gives another option to correct an individual dog without using electric stimulation and disrupting or alerting the rest of the pack.
- Audible tone feature offers a way to correct a dog without stimulation and a great way to communicate to your entire pack.
- Linear mode (recommended for hound hunters) is simple and easy to use.
- Traditional mode allows for a jump to higher levels faster.
- You can track and train more dogs with the Alpha 100 –up to 20 dogs at one time! Making it Handy for those who either hunt with more than ten of their own dogs or hunt with other people running a lot of dogs.
- Wireless dog transfer allows you to link your dogs to your buddy’s hand held. With the Alpha 100 you can wirelessly transfer collar data from one unit to the next without having the collar in your possession. This makes it much easier to get your partners in on the race while your dogs are already on the track.
- Track other Alpha 100 handhelds. You can track up to 20 dogs but you can also track other Alpha 100 handhelds up to 20 units over all. For example: 18 dogs and 2 Alphas or 17 dogs and 3 Alphas.
- Change all communication settings on the fly including ID numbers, update rates, and rescue mode. Being able to change your update rate to 2.5 seconds while using the handheld in order to catch a dog on the run is a great feature!
- Freedom to choose between using the TT15 with the Astro 320 to track or on the Alpha 100 to train. Perfect for upgrading from the Astro to the Alpha. Also, trade between the two when going to a field trial.
- Better Training using the TT15 with the on board Tri-tronics training system with 18 levels of stimulation. Along with momentary and continuous stimulation the TT15 has a tone and newly innovated vibrate mode.
- The new vibrate feature allows the user to correct a specific dog without using electric stimulation or alerting other dogs in the pack. A vital necessity when running dogs with different training levels.
- Better GPS tracking with the high-sensitivity, top-mounted GPS receiver enabled to receive signals from GLONASS (Global Navigation Satellite System) satellites. This adds 21 more satellites signals that your collar can connect with, coupled with the 28 satellites currently in the GPS system. This will help cut down on dropping satellite connection while hunting in rugged conditions.
- NEW Bark Detection allows you to see the rate of the individual dogs barking - even when they are too far away to physically hear. The bark rate can be displayed on both the map and compass screen. The bark display scale can be turned off to keep clutter to a minimum. You can also choose between a 20, 40, 60 or 80 barks per minute (BPM) alert. This can be a handy tool when your dogs are out of hearing range and you are trying to decipher whether the dogs are trailing or have the critter jumped.
- Rescue Mode is an invaluable feature that has become a staple with Garmin tracking collars. When activated and the battery on the TT15 drains below 75% of its full charge, the rescue mode automatically changes the update rate from its preselected update rate to 120 second (2 min). This allows for many additional hours of battery life to help safely retrieve your valued dog. You can also turn this mode off if you wish not to use it.
- Better VHF Antenna that is a more durable and flexible stainless steel air craft cable antenna. TT15 comes with both 18.5” and 22.5”.
- Improved USB interfaced Charging Port allows 3 different charging options: AC outlet, vehicle charger and computer.
- Thick, durable rubber antenna sleeve that keeps the VHF antenna erect and receiving communication signals.
- Track and Train Codes give you the ability to provide your hunting partners with a code that allows them to fully track or train (or both) your dog from their handheld.
- You can adjust each of your individual dog’s status to reflect what they are doing. This lets your Alpha or Astro know that when your dog is sitting idle, he or she could be on point or have something treed.